A project, song or artist may be entered in to the GMA Dove Awards submission process by either one of two methods
An approved Record or Print Publishing company or Distribution company must submit that project or song (information on the Application Process for Record and Print Publishing companies can be found here).
A total of no less than three (3) eligible Professional Members must submit that artist, project, or song into the same category for consideration.
Record, Print Publishing and Distribution Companies may submit in all categories except SONG, SONGWRITER, PERFORMANCE (CONTEMPORARY, SOUTHERN GOSPEL & GOSPEL), ARTIST, NEW ARTIST, PRODUCER and INSPIRATIONAL FILM. If an employee of an approved Record or Print Publishing Company desires to submit individually, he/she must be an active Professional Member by the Membership cut off date.
In addition, depending on the category, there are further qualifications such has:
Albums: Must be comprised of no less than six songs AND must have first week sales tracked by either Christian Sound Scan or General Market Sound Scan from the first day of May to the last day of April preceding the Dove Awards year. (Example, for a Dove Awards Event in October 2015, eligibility period is May 1, 2014 to April 30, 2015).
Recorded Songs: Must be included on a qualified Album (see above) or must be released to national radio as a single during the same eligibility period.
Only entries that meet all criteria for that respective category will be screened by the GMA Dove Awards Screening Committee and placed in the First Voting Round.
From the First Voting Round, only the top five* per category are considered nominees and will continue on the Final Voting Round which determines the winners. (Some categories will have more than 5 nominees. See Rules for details.)
Professional Members of the GMA vote in all Dove Awards Voting Rounds. If employees of an approved Record or Print Publishing Company desire to vote, he/she must be active an Professional Member of the GMA by the Membership cut off date. GMA iMembers are eligible to vote on the final ballot in five categories of their choosing. You may join the GMA on line today at www.gospelmusic.org.
Category # / Category
1. Song of the Year
2. Songwriter of the Year
3. Contemporary Christian Performance of the Year
4. Southern Gospel Performance of the Year
5. Gospel Performance of the Year Category
6. Artist of the Year
7. New Artist of the Year
8. Producer of the Year
9. Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year
10. Rock Recorded Song of the Year
11. Rock/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year
12. Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year
13. Inspirational Recorded Song of the Year
14. Southern Gospel Recorded Song of the Year
15. Bluegrass Recorded Song of the Year
16. Country Recorded Song of the Year
17. Contemporary Gospel/Urban Recorded Song of the Year
18. Traditional Gospel Recorded Song of the Year
19. Worship Song of the Year
20. Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year
21. Rock Album of the Year
22. Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year
23. Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year
24. Inspirational Album of the Year
25. Southern Gospel Album of the Year
26. Bluegrass Album of the Year
27. Country Album of the Year
28. Contemporary Gospel/Urban Album of the Year
29. Traditional Gospel Album of the Year
30. Instrumental Album of the Year
31. Children’s Music Album of the Year
32. Spanish Language Album of the Year
33. Special Event Album of the Year
34. Christmas Album of the Year
35. Praise & Worship Album of the Year
36. Musical of the Year
37. Youth/Children’s Musical of the Year
38. Choral Collection of the Year
39. Recorded Music Packaging of the Year
40. Short Form Music Video of the Year
41. Long Form Music Video of the Year
42. Inspirational Film of the Year
If you have questions regarding the GMA Dove Awards voting process,
please contact the GMA office at email@example.com.